Iced Raspberry Tereré Mate Latte
By: Kenna Allison
As the sun begins to set on another glorious summer and autumn quickly approaches, there is no better way to savor the dog days of summer than with a refreshing treat. So today we're bringing you the low down on creating an easy drink that will surely tickle you pink and leave you feeling extra sunshiny. Grab a bottle of Raspberry Tereré and join us in bidding summer farewell in style!
- 1 bottle of Raspberry Tereré
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Yerba mate ice cubes
- 2 pints of fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup of sweetener of choice (organic cane sugar or raw honey worked best for us)
*Makes approx. 2x 8oz drinks
*Adjust ingredients based on taste + dietary preference
- First, make the raspberry puree. In a small saucepan, add the raspberries and sweetener of choice. Cook over low heat for about five minutes or until berries are slightly softened.
- Transport the cooked berries and sweetener to a bowl and mash into a paste. If you want a smoother puree, add your berry and sweetener mixture to a food processor or other vessel to blend, and blend until smooth.
- In a glass, layer your raspberry puree on the bottom or you can drizzle it along the sides. Get creative and paint your jar as you like!
- Fill the glass with yerba mate ice cubes. We simply froze an ice tray of Raspberry Tereré in advance but regular ice cubes work fine, too.
- Now fill your glass halfway with Raspberry Tereré.
- Swirl coconut milk on top.
- Stir, garnish, sip + come to life!
Make sure to share your Guayakí Recipe with us on social media. Creativity is always encouraged.