Apple Pie Mate Latte
By: Kenna Allison
The leaves are beginning to change and a gentle chill fills the air. We’re welcoming autumn with a warming drink concoction that captures the essence of the season. Meet the Apple Pie Mate Latte, which blends the earthy richness of yerba mate with the comforting sweetness of baked apples and a hint of warming spices. It's a beverage that not only warms the soul but also pays homage to the bountiful harvest of fall. Join us as we embrace the cozy vibes and sink into the season with this easy to make recipe.
- 1 cup brewed yerba mate (loose leaf or mate bags)
- 1 cup oat milk or milk of choice
- 1-2 oz apple brown sugar syrup to taste (recipe to follow)
Apple Pie Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced apples
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
*Makes two 8 oz drinks
*Adjust ingredients based on taste + dietary preference
- Let’s start with the apple brown sugar syrup. Add all syrup ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once a boil has been reached, turn the temp to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- After simmering, strain the cooked down mixture into a heat safe container and let cool.
- Brew a cup of yerba mate with either loose leaf in a french press or tea strainer, or by steeping four mate bags.
- Pick out your favorite mugs and fill them halfway with the brewed yerba mate.
- Then stir in an ounce or two of the apple pie syrup in each mug, adjusting to your sweetness preference.
- Steam your milk of choice and pour into your mugs. Stir and top off with extra frothed milk and apple syrup if desired.
- Garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon. Enjoy!
Make sure to share your Guayakí Recipe with us on social media! Creativity is always encouraged.