Yerba Mate Granola Recipe
Shake n' Bake
Recipe & photos by Kenna Allison
Collaborator Kenna Allison is back with another delicious recipe infusing a customizable granola blend with our brewed loose leaf yerba mate for a special boost.
More from Kenna…
As summer begins to come to a close and fall begins to knock at our doors, I like to switch up my routines and start changing up what I’m eating. One of my favorite things to whip up for early fall mornings at home or on the trail is granola. So I thought why not give that granola a boost with the help of some brewed yerba mate!
For this recipe gather all your favorite granola ingredients and brew some loose leaf mate and in no time you’ll have your own custom blend with a lovely kick of yerba mate to help you come to life as the days get shorter & chillier.
- 1/4 cup brewed loose leaf Guayakí Yerba Mate
- 2 cups rolled oats or granola mix of choice
- 1 tbsp oil of choice (melted coconut, hemp, butter or plant-based butter are great options)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup each of whatever additives you desire: nuts, seeds, dried fruit, etc
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey if desired for sweetness *optional
- Preheat oven to 300° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and toss to evenly coat
- Spread the granola onto the baking sheet + bake for 15-25 minutes tossing every 5 minutes to prevent burning
- Take out of oven + allow granola to cool
- When it’s ready, store in an airtight container
Toss on a bowl of yogurt or eat by itself for a boosting snack that will help you come to life- enjoy!