Yerba Mate Cacao Truffles
Treat your special someone to the gift of irresistible yerba mate truffles this Valentine's Day
Recipe & photos by Kenna Allison
– 1/4 c of brewed loose leaf yerba mate or mate sachets (steeped for 10 minutes for extra strong flavor)
– 1 c raw cacao
– 1/4 c honey
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 c butter or coconut oil
– 1/8 tsp sea salt
– Fresh or dried flower petals for garnish
1. Begin by melting the butter or coconut oil- I used the double broiler method on the stove.
2. Heat until it’s fully melted.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine your yerba mate, cacao, honey, melted butter or coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until evenly smooth.
4. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
5. Using a “melon ball”, scoop the mixture into small mounds.
6. Once finished, take each cacao ball and roll in your choice of toppings, such a coconut sugar, spices, petals, or other favorites.
7. Package them up to gift to your loved ones, or just keep them for yourself in the name of self-care!
Guayakí loves you!
Make sure to share your Guayaki Recipe with us on social media! *Creativity is always encouraged*
@guayaki #ComeToLife #Guayaki
Guayaki’s loose leaf yerba mate can be found in most health food stores. Use the store locator here to find products near you. http://bit.ly/GuayakiStoreLocator