Treat your special someone to the gift of irresistible yerba mate truffles this Valentine's Day
Forget the processed sugar and artificial flavors. Kenna Allison is showing us how to make easy yet decadent, organic cacao truffles with a yerba mate infusion.
– 1/4 c of brewed loose leaf yerba mate or mate sachets (steeped for 10 minutes for extra strong flavor)
– 1 c raw cacao
– 1/4 c honey
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 c butter or coconut oil
– 1/8 tsp sea salt
– Fresh or dried flower petals for garnish
1. Begin by melting the butter or coconut oil- I used the double broiler method on the stove.
2. Heat until it’s fully melted.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine your yerba mate, cacao, honey, melted butter or coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until evenly smooth.
4. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
5. Using a “melon ball”, scoop the mixture into small mounds.
6. Once finished, take each cacao ball and roll in your choice of toppings, such a coconut sugar, spices, petals, or other favorites.
7. Package them up to gift to your loved ones, or just keep them for yourself in the name of self-care!
Guayakí loves you!