Never be without a refreshing, flavorful treat again with these yerba mate popsicles
Recipe & photos by Kenna Allison
When I came across a new flavor in Guayaki’s line of sparkling mate, Blackberry Mint, it was love at first sight for me. Mint is a consistent ally in my life and blackberries take me back to my aunt’s old house in Oregon that sat next to a creek on 4 acres of lush, blackberry filled land. So overall it was safe to say Guayaki had not only come out with my new favorite flavor filled with deliciousness and nostalgia, but inspired me to create this fun treat for these sunny summer afternoons.
INGREDIENTS & SUPPLIES:
– 1 C fresh organic blackberries, wild a plus if available!
– 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
– 1 C brewed Guayaki Yerba Mate (Use 1.5 tsp loose leaf mate or 3 mate bags)
– 2 tbsp local honey or sweetener of choice that can be made into a syrupy consistently for easy of mixing
– Popsicle molds
– Fine mesh strainer
Makes approximately 6 popsicles
1. Brew your yerba mate in a french press or other preferred method. Once brewed to desired strength, strain into separate container and add 2 tbsp of honey or sweetener of choice. Let cool.
2. Add yerba mate, cleaned blackberries, + mint into a bowl for handheld blending or into a blender. Blend until you get your desired consistency. Make sure to taste and adjust to personal preference.
3. Strain the blended yerba mate, berry, and mint extract into a fresh container to get a smooth consistency for your popsicles.
4. Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
5. Let freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
Enjoy and come to life!
Make sure to share your own Guayakí popsicles with us on social media! Tag @guayaki #guayaki #cometolife so we can be sure to check it out. Creativity is always encouraged!
You can purchase our organic loose leaf yerba mate at Patagonia Provisions.