DIY Sparkling Grapefruit Ginger
Zesty & Juicy!
Recipe & photos by Kenna Allison
We’re back with another DIY recipe installment for you to make homemade, customizable versions of Guayakí Yerba Mate’s famed canned flavors using loose leaf yerba mate. This DIY is to show you how to make the ever-uplifting Sparkling Grapefruit Ginger!
Making your own version of our canned flavors at home is great for many reasons:
1. You can control the sweetness and use the sweetener of your choice. Get creative with maple syrup, honey, stevia, or coconut sugar!
2. You get to experiment with loose leaf yerba mate.
3. Aluminum is highly recyclable but swapping out a can here and there for a homemade loose leaf version of your favorite flavor is a great way to reduce your global impact.
4. Loose leaf is easy to travel with and the other ingredients are relatively easy to find, so you’ll never be left Guayaki-less.
Whether you’re a Sparkling Grapefruit Ginger fan, or just looking for a new recipe to prepare your loose leaf yerba mate, keep reading to find out how to make yours!
1/2 cup Brewed Loose Leaf Guayakí Yerba Mate
1/2 cup of Sparkling Water
1.5 oz of Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- 1.5 oz of Fresh Ginger Juice
3-5 Yerba Mate Ice Cubes (simply freeze brewed yerba mate in an ice tray to add to your finished drink without watering it down!)
- Sweetener of choice to taste (for this recipe I used fresh stevia herb brewed in with the loose leaf mate)
Brew your Guayakí Yerba Mate in a french press or similar method. Add your sweetener of choice to taste into the mate before cooling so it steeps or blends smoothly.
Combine your cooled yerba mate, sparkling water, grapefruit and ginger juices, and yerba mate ice cubes into a glass.
Garnish. Sip. Come to life!