DIY Peach Revival
Customizing our most peachy keen flavor.
Recipe & photos by Kenna Allison
Summer is right around the corner and we’re grooving along with our new flavor Peach Revival. It’s been so fun and interesting to hear everyone’s feedback about the flavor thus far! You shared, we listened. Want it sweeter? No problem. Want to use a different sweetener? Easy. Feeling bubbly? We got you. Follow this delicious and easy recipe to whip up your own perfect Peach Revival at home.
Making your own version of Guayakí’s canned flavors at home is great for many reasons:
- You can control the sweetness and use the sweetener of your choice. Get creative with organic cane sugar, honey, monk fruit, or stick with all-natural, plant-based stevia that’s already in Peach Revival!
- You get to experiment with loose leaf yerba mate.
- Aluminum is highly recyclable but swapping out a can here and there for a homemade loose leaf version of your favorite flavor is a great way to reduce your waste footprint.
- Loose leaf is easy to travel with and the other ingredients are relatively easy to find, so you’ll never be left Guayaki-less.
Whether you’re a Peach Revival fan, or just looking for a new recipe to prepare your loose leaf yerba mate, keep reading to find out how to make yours!
- 4 tbsp Guayakí loose leaf yerba mate or 2 mate bags (buy here)
- 16 oz purified water
- 1 cup peach juice (store bought is fine, organic suggested)
- Sweetener of choice quantity to your liking
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed or bottled lemon juice
- Optional: Unflavored sparkling water if you want to add bubbles
*Makes two 8 oz drinks
*Adjust ingredients based on taste + dietary preference
- Fill your french press or desired brewing vessel with your loose leaf yerba mate and fresh picked stevia if that is your sweetener of choice.
- Add a splash of cool water to protect the leaves from burning then pour in hot water. Let brew for 4 minutes or to desired strength.
- Once fully brewed, strain out all plant matter and compost the waste.
- Stir in your sweetener of choice if not using stevia and mix well.
- Let your brew cool on the counter or in the fridge before use.
- In a glass add some yerba mate ice cubes and pour in the freshly brewed mate, saving enough room to top the glass off with peach juice and lemon juice. Also add sparkling water in this step if you’d like.
- Add a nice big slice of peach to garnish your glass if available. Stir, sip and come to life!
Make sure to share your Guayakí Recipe with us on social media! Creativity is always encouraged.