Guayakí Yerba Mate - A Powerful Rainforest Experience
Jobs and Careers
Guayaki’s team of adventurous, engaging and creative cebadors and cebadoras is expanding! We are looking for likeminded people to join us in building a great company. You may see us sharing the yerba mate experience while actively recruiting on campus near you.
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN (QA TECH)
Guayaki is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician (QA tech) who will fill an essential role in the monitoring and the advancement of our safety and quality programs.
Responsibilities will include:
• conducting daily process checks, shelf life evaluations, coordinate sample testing with external labs
• review and file all raw ingredient documentation, including approvals, certificates of analysis, and supplemental documentation
• maintain accurate and organize records of all Quality Assurance activities
• assist with co-packer documentation, communication, support, and batch sheets
• maintain and organize inventory of retained products
• assist with customer complaint investigations, certification audits including Food Safety, and maintains adverse event procedures and reporting
• calibrates, validates or maintains laboratory equipment
• Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university in Food Science or Nutritional Science
• 3 years recent, related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2 years in Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician environment. Future graduates meeting the experience requirements will be considered.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills in English; bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
• Must work well in a team environment and possess a heightened attention to detail
• Good computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and database software.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Knowledge of HACCP principles, HACCP training a plus
• Knowledgeable of the latest quality procedures and techniques in order to develop and implement tactical and strategic plans to drive continuous quality improvement
To apply: please submit a cover letter detailing how you would be a good fit to work at Guayaki AND a resume detailing your qualifications.