Guayakí Yerba Mate - A Powerful Rainforest Experience
Thai Style Java Mate Latte
It's a mouthful to say it, but it's delicious. Coconut creme gives this version of a rainforest beverage, a taste of the warm and sunny islands. It may be one of the best tasting drinks of all time! Even more delicious iced.
Makes: 4 Cups
Prep Time: 10 min
- 2 cups brewed Java Mate
- 1 cup condensed coconut créme or coconut milk*
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup ice (optional)
*Canned coconut mik can be obtained at most natural food stores and almost all Asian markets. Unsweetened or sweetened coconut milk or regular or light is fine. It is best to find the natural version with out potassium metabisulfite as a preservative.
- Brew the Java Mate in your French press, coffee maker, or tea pot.
- Pour the brewed mate into a glass and stir in the honey until it dissolves.
- Add the coconut creme or milk.
- Add Ice (optional), stir, and serve.